Ugh - remakes!

So when I was putting my daughter to bed a bit ago, I had the Love Song station on DirectTV playing in her room as background noise, and heard the crappiest remake EVER. How do you feel about song remakes?

Sometimes, I love them, like with Seether's remake of George Michael's "Careless Whisper". And Reba's take on "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" kicks the originals ass.

But then you've got Whats-His-Name Vandross remake of The Carpenter's "Superstar", and it blows chunks!

If you're going to remake a song, you'd better make dang sure you do it WELL.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 10:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I HATE them....the worst one for me is I Melt With You by Modern English....I love that song and they sing it so well. here's the thing. i hear all these covers of the song on chocolate or car commercials and they're sung by women who sing it like it's a love song and it's NOT. I Melt With You is a brilliant song about sex, it's not a love song, Modern English made it sound dirty, the way it's supposed to sound. every time i hear it and it's not by Modern English i cringe.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I don't like any of them....especially movies...
    Anonymous

• yeah that lolli pop song done by that rock guy...cant remember his name... it sounded better as a hip hop song. thats the only one i can think off the top of my head at the moment
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I like Marilyn Manson's cover of Tainted Love, I also like Seether's cover of Careless Whisper. Stevie Ray Vaughan's take on Little Wing was AMAZING!!!! They can be cool when done right. But there are some lame attempts....Jessica Simpson doing These Boots, for instance. Made a bad song so much worse!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i like marilyn mansons tainted love. Soft Cell made that song dirty and marilyn just made it dirtier and sexier. i love both versions
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• seether's careless whisper sucks!!! I love Marilyn Manson's Tainted Love. Hated Limp Biskit's remake of The Whos Behind BLue Eyes also.
    Anonymous

• I thought 311 did justice to Lovesong by the Cure (and that's saying a lot because I love the Cure!!!!)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I'm not a fan of 311's cover of Love Song. i like Anberlin"s cover of Love Song...it was more hard rock
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2010