Totally Confused....PLEASE HELP!

So I have been tracking my Basal Temp this month and had an increase in temp from 96.5 4 to 97.25 on CD 19. According to fertilityfriend.com I ovulated. Well I also had a CD 21 progesterone test done and nurse called me today with results. She said you did not ovulate. My question is how is this possible. I thought the only way you ovulate is when progesterone is released and in turn your temp rises.

Tarheelgirl1975

Asked by Tarheelgirl1975 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Why don't you just have sex everyday, then you don't have to worry about this crap?
    Anonymous

• i never did the temping so i dont know honestly but im a part of a GREAT TTC board alot of the women there know all about temping, search the groups for TTC and see if it comes up great group of women with great info!!! Sorry i couldnt help you more, but this group is also great for the much needed support needed while ttc good luck and baby dust to you
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Anon :07, that doesn't work that well because the sperm count gets low. After ejaculation it will rise to its max count again after 72 hours. If you have sex every day, the sperm count won't be high enough to guarantee that enough sperm will make it to an egg to break down the egg and let that one lucky one to fertilize it.

Sorry, I can't help on the temp thing, OP. My mom had a lot of trouble conceiving because she literally did not ovulate every month, even on fertility meds. She had a lot of fertility issues. But she was still getting spikes in her BBT.
    Anonymous

• You can't always go by ur temp. Most women can, but some women, no. This month I've been bouncing from 97.06 to 97.20 from CD12-CD14. I had a pos OPK on those three days so you'd think there'd be a temp drop at some point. Also, are you taking OPK's and how old are you. Remember after 35 you don't ovulate every cycle.

Just bought the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which came highly recommended by a lot of women. Got it and love it! Very informative!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I dont know much about temp either...sorry! but i had a problem getting pregnant too, and they (shady grove ferlitiy center) told us NOT TO HAVE SEX every day! because as the other person said the sperm does not have enough time to build back up. Your best chances are to have sex every other day from day 10 (day 1 being the first sign of blood) to day 20 because sperm can live inside you for 24hrs, so if you do every other day he has time to build back up, and you have live sperm in you the whole time and you are sure to hit your OV date, if you are OV right. sorry i couldnt help with the temp thing! good luck!!!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2010