that wet diaper smell

i took out trash this morning b4 i left and when i came back home the house still had that wet diaper smell..i bleached the trash cans and went insane with the febreeze and it still smells bad...and my house isnt dirty...i clean every day and wash bedding every other day.. i dont know what else to do any ideas...and no bashing please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always lysol then do air freshener in the trash can itself before I put a new bag in and after I take the full one out. If I have really yucky diapers then I take them outside to the trash.
    Anonymous

• I never put my kids dirty diapers in a trash can....wet or poop either one.

I would keep a walmart bag hanging close by...when I got a few in there I would tie it up and throw it in the outside trash...if it was a really bad one I took it out right then. LOL

I couldnt ever stop the trash cans from smelling either and I couldnt stand it, so this was my solution. And I was reusing walmart bags for a good purpose.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I would wash the trash can out with Lysol or Mr Clean
    Anonymous

• i always take my daughters poo diapers out to the outside garbage. but i can still smell the smell you are talking about. i hate that smell. but what i have noticed is the brand of diapers makes a difference in the "smell". huggies diapers increase the smell quite a bit. pampers seem to work for us. i can hardly smell that "wet diaper smell" and i have switched completely to that brand. you dont get as much for your buck but it makes up for it in the quality. also, have you looked around for a wet diaper that maybe found it way under a bed or something?? i hope this helps. : )
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• yeah i looked around for a wet diaper and none to be found...so i know thats not it. i sent my hubby to the store to get lysol and im gonna do the trash cans 2 morrow again....and steam clean the carpets and hope that helps. we uses luvs diapers, i used luvs with all 3 kids, my oldest is 7...and i never had this problem b4, well at least i never noticed the smell b4.
    -op-
    Anonymous

• Try non clumping cat litter in the bottom of the pail. It absorbs odors
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2010