I'm feeling a little depressed now...

I was all happy about our new arrival due in about 6 weeks, but last night dd seemed unhappy about the new dresser we bought (doubles as a changer) and I started thinking about how many things are going to be changing for her that she just doesn't understand at two and a half. It made me really sad to think about her feeling unhappy, and it's almost made me question that we ever got pregnant right now! I know that sounds horrible and I do LOVE and WANT this baby, but I know my daughter and do not know him yet...so anything that seems to make her upset is making me upset. How can I make this easy for her? I feel even worse that I have to work (from home) so much that I don't get to play with her as long as I used to, and now baby will take even more time. Dh spends all day with her so she's not neglected, but I miss our days together just as mommy and "dolly." I hope this funk ends soon and I can enjoy both my kids!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I got pregnant with my second, my first was only 10 months old and I was thinking to myself "how will I be able to share my love with another baby" because I felt like I am giving my first all that I have and there is no more that I can give. The day I left home to give birth the second time I was in tears because I had to leave my first with some one else over night for the first time ever. I could care less about the pains of birth, I was worried about my first baby being safe and able to sleep at night without me. And just like you, I was also very anxious to meet my second baby who turned out to be a girl, so I have one of each now.
    My second baby is now 10 months old and I can not express in words how much love there is between the two, I have never seen children love each other so much and I never believed it is possible at such a young age. Regarding myself, I did discover that love is endless.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 11:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• That was nice! I really hope she takes it well. She gets excited to TALK about him...and she seems to understand that there is a baby who will be coming soon. She also doesn't get jealous when she sees a bag of clothes or something and we tell her it's baby brother's. Usually she just smiles and says "It's baby brothers...and this is Katie's" and then grabs something we've bought for her. I just worry that she will hate me because I can tell she misses me playing with her more. I'm making a real effort lately to let other things go so we can play in the water, or go outside, or just sit and talk. Nice to know I'm not the only mommy to worry about this though! ~ OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I understand my youngest is 16 mnts and we were not planning on any more kids for a while but I am now 17 weeks pregnant. I have a four year old who understands and is excited but she is mad that we are having another and now I am going to have to spread my love between 3 kids and a husband. I know what you mean if you want to talk PM me Ok.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Oh my!! You sound so much like me!!! Same age difference and girl first boy second!! That was 11 years ago tho. I felt SOOO guilty! I new I loved the baby that was in my belly and wanted him, however I never thought I could love him as much as I did my DD. But let me tell you!...That flew right out the window!! As soon as you see him you'll know that he was meant to be and she will adjust just fine!! I PROMISE YOU!! Good luck!! And no worries. ok?!
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2010