Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my ex husband went and changed his phone number awhile back, his mom finally got around to telling one of my 3 girls, should I file contempt of court papers

He moved a few years back and let that slide...and he pays child support only because his employer sends it in...he has nothing to do with the girls and doesnt even send cards on birthdays or holidays...instead he runs his mouth about how he tries to stay in touch and WE REJECT him! he runs his mouth how the cards he sends get returned....he runs his mouth about how we just hang up on him. I can just see all the women falling for this thinking he is wonderful and we are scum.
I swear any man that runs down a woman and his kids should call the woman herself to find out the truth!
Anyway I want to take his ass in for contempt of court and make his skanky ass pay the fine!
What do you think?????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (13)
  • op here....I had been trying to call my ex about an accident our daughter was in but his number was dissconnected...

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • if he is contempt of court then yes. If no then its a waste of time to try and get him fine.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • I think you are maaaad! Custody issues can be so messy. I was in a different situation. I changed my number on my ex several times because he would just not leave me alone. He would call me 2-3a.m. in the morning and I had to work, just because he thought I was with someone. He'd call all through the day because he wanted to talk to the baby...she really was a baby too. He just wanted to harass me. Then if I did tell him she had an accident, I was a horrible mother. Even if she had a cold I was a horrible mother. Anyway I guess I started venting sorry.

    Answer by my2kids312 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • Being a skanky dude isn't being in contempt. As long as he pays his cs there isn't much you can do. You obviously have contact with someone who knows him or you wouldn't know all this gossip about him. Tell them to tell him about the accident.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • op here.....
    court papers say that both of us have to stay in touch with current address's and phone number's and if any of those 2 things change we are to notify eachother or it will be in contemp of court, payable by a $500 fine

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • If he is supposed to keep in touch and he didn't give you a new number than tell the court. He sounds like my father.


    Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • Yep. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • I would. God forbid, there was a serious accident.............would he not want to be contacted? How very immature on his part.

    Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • If he's not in touch anyhow, what's the difference? You'd be wasting your time and money trying to get him fined, not to mention, it sounds like you may still be angry about the break up. Break-ups and kids are messy and emotional. It's his choice to be a good parent or not, you can't force him. It's his loss. I'd say be happy you get child support, I recieved one payment in 5 years and he just keep giving the court some mumbo jumbo and they eat it up. Be the best mom you can be and let that dummy regret it later

    Answer by yawningmommy at 2:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

  • Don't waste the court's time with your petty vendetta. He's a jerk. Big surprise. Who the hell wants him in their lives anyways? He pays child support. Just leave it at that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.