Two neg hpts and still have not started my period

I have taken two hpts and they both came out neg. I will be a week late tomorrow and I have been have a low grade temp for four days now. I ran a low to a high grade temp when I was pregnant with my daughter. DH and I have been trying for so long and everytime I was late we would get shoot in the back side, we have been let down so many times that I don't want to get mine and DH's hopes up if it is going to come back and bite us in the azz. DH is happy that I am late but I have told him don't get your hopes up you know what happens when we get our hopes up. My question is should I wait until I am a month late to take another hpt? When I was pregnant with my daughter I did not find out I was pregnant with her until I was 13 weeks 4 days. I think my body can not produce the hormone for pregnancy. I am trying not to stress out but I am a college student and finals are coming up fast and that is when I stress out the most.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would get a blood test done if you really think you are pregnant. But if it's normal for you to be a week late, or if you have an irregular cycle, I wouldn't bother testing until you know for sure you should be starting your period. Also all the stress can affect your cycle big time...you may be late because you're stressed out way too much. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• yes it sounds like your body isnt producing enough hormoes, 4 weeks is too late to find out u need to start ur prenatals asap. make an apt with ur doc they will do a test, i found out im pregnant about 6 weeks ago im now 11 weeks pregnant. i missed my period and i was having menstrual cramps while missing a period, i got a positive a day after my missed period, i will say if u havent yet take a ept, ept was the darkest for me and i took it aytime of the day and i took about 6 test and a confirmaion from my doctor was what finally made me believe lol. gl mama, any questions,, ask
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 12:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It's not that big of a deal to immediately start pills, most moms don't find out until their AT LEAST 6 weeks. You've stated 2 obvious reasons why you would be late, A. You have finals coming up- stress equals reason to be late and B. You're trying to get pregnant- again with the stress. Relax, girlie, it'll come. PS I meant the baby and/or period.
    yawningmommy

Answer by yawningmommy at 2:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2010