Do u change ur kids clothes

when they get home from school do you change them into "play" clothes..or do they wear the same thing all day?

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• shouldn't they be wearing play cloths to school....they're kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• most of the time she stays in whatever she wore to school..but some days she changes into something cooler..like today..she came home and took off her jeans, and put a skirt on, cuz it was hot this afternoon..so it all depends on the weather
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My son changes because he wears a uniform to school.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

No most parents want there kids to wear nice clothes to school not something with holes in them. That is what play clothes are something they can get dirty and not worry about it.

My DD isn't in school yet she will start this fall and when she does they have to wear uniforms to school so she will be changing her clothes when she gets home. Even if they didn't wear uniforms if they had school and they wanted to go out to play then I would make her change into her play clothes. If she was inside all day not going outside then I may let her stay in her school clothes
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• When my son wore uniforms to school he changed but any other time he just wore the same thing all day.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We homeschool, so I don't know how much this counts, but they were the same clothes all day... although I am starting to think that we should do play clothes for trips to the park as all the right knees (and only the right iknee... figure that one out) get worn out in our older two boys pants, and my 3 yr old daughter likes to play in the dirt and rocks, so I am thinking about just getting "play clothes".
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Mine wear uniforms so if they want to go outside I make them change.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 12:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Nope mine wear the same clothes all day, unless it's picture day or something and they've dressed up. They even wear some jeans with holes in the knees, half the holes happen at school. They're out on the playground playing, getting dirty, putting holes in their pants. I get rid of stained stuff, but there is very little that they own that they can't wear to school. It's school - they're there to learn and play, it's not a party.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Unless it's a special occasion, they wear the same close all day. Though I'm particular about new/newer shoes, they can't play in them...is that odd?
    yawningmommy

Answer by yawningmommy at 2:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• depends. i use to babysit 3 kids and when i picked them up from school they would stay in the same clothes. the only one that would change would be the youngest and he was 6. sometimes he would be a lil dirty from running around playing and this was summer time so i would make him take a bath when we got home.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 4:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2010