does it ever ofend you?

on these boards when you are answering a question and your question invovles a reference to God and some one posts ANON and say what the heck is talking to God going to do for the OP no she needs to ...... im not saying they have to believe what i do, but what happen to repsecting others? i mean they cant just give their opion of what the OP is asking? they have to discredit my God? I am chirstian and when I refer to God in a post i dont say talk to the christian God, i mean i know different ppl have different believes and thats fine i repsect that, i dont care if you jewish, mulsum, hindu whatever, i do strongly believe having SOME type of religious belief helps you through MANY things

mommie2twogirls

Asked by mommie2twogirls at 12:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I look at it this way... they are not offending me so much as they are offending and mocking GOD. If that is the chance they are willing to take so be it. They don't believe they will ever be called to account for it. But I believe they will. Personally I don't answer questions that I believe are not genuine and are only posted to offend, and I don't answer questions about other faiths that I don't practice.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i wish people would have more respect on here too. some go anon just to bash and be rude. it isnt right, especialy when it comes to religion, it's a touchy subject for some. i say believe what you want and dont bash others at all for any reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It doesn't offend me as I am not really religious but it would make me a little mad. I don't pray usually but I don't care that other people do pray.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• im talking about in the replies not the actual ?s i also dont answer if i think its a post just trying to start a problem, but like one mom posted about her short temper with her kids and asking for help with what to do, me and another mom said talk to God and i also offered a few other suggestions incase the op doesnt believe in God and some one shot right back anon saying "she doesnt need to talk to God, whats that going to do for her??" and then continued on with what she thought the woman should do, to me what would have been wrong with ignoring the God comments if thats not what you choose to believe and offer up what you think ABOUT THE QUESTION ya know? it just annoys me that ppl who dont have any religious belief try to make us that do feel like we should keep it to ourself, sorry my God is an awesome God and even if you dont believe in my God im happy to hear anyone of any religion talk about "their" God
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• That would still make me mad. The person answering doesn't know that the person asking doesn't believe in god. I would expect a response like talk to god in the answers from more than one person.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You do know that satan prowls around like a lion looking for whom he shall devour? Right? Thats whats going on.
    People who respond like that do not often realize they are being used as a tool to tear down people who believe in God. Its satan's job to do so, Reason he is called a deciever , thief , liar and destroyer.
    Our focus in anything with our live should be on Jesus... when we take our eyes off is when we end up in offense and off the path.
    I am not offended when people do this.... but I am sad and grieved because people like that are missing out on His love and Grace and on a precious relationship with Him.. their choice I know but it still makes me so sad.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It is disrespectful. Its just as disrespectful when christians post on non believers post that they should "read the bible" or "find god" because they are lost. Disrespect is amongst all circles of beliefs unfortunately.

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I don't get offended by that, just because I beleive in God doesn't mean others have to do it too. I agree with sahmamax.

Answer by older at 7:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Honestly, the ones that offend are generally the more common posters... Being I'm Pagan, the majority of my posts have at least one post about how satan is misleading me... But it doesn't really get to me any more... They can have their beliefs, I just wish closed minds came with closed mouths!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• There are some anon trolls on here, and I"m betting they post offensive remarks to every belief just to stir up arguments. That's the reality of being on a public forum like this, and no matter how much we complain about the disrespect, it's not going to go away.

If you keep getting offended, stick with a religious group where the admins take more control over what can be posted.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010