How much was your engagement/wedding ring?

Just curious to know how much DH spent on ur engagement/wedding ring? And what stone is it? Did you choose it?

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• he won't tell me exactly how much it was lol but . . . my engagement ring has a princess cut 1/2 k hearts on fire diamond in the middle, and 10 much smaller hearts on fire diamonds on each side of the center stone. my wedding band is plain, but matching, platinum. i did not pick it out. although i love it, i would never choose something this extravagant. i feel guilty sometimes knowing that my ring is worth more than my car lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My engagement ring was about $200. My husband bought it before he started college with some of his summer job money. It's white gold and has a princess cut recessed diamond. I love it.

My wedding ring was about $15 or $20 because after my engagement ring we discovered my gold allergy, so it's sterling silver and perfect for me. It's a spinner band with little stars on it. I love it. I'm not into big, fancy, flashy things, even if we could afford it. Too bad that I may never wear it again, though, considering that now we're separated in every way except where we live.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• to be honest, i picked out and bought my engagement ring on walmart.com with DH's money. It was on sale for $330 but it's 14k white gold, 1/2 karat brilliant and clear diamond. it was a steal really. by looking at it you'd never know how cheap it was or where i got it. my best friend actually was bashing walmart rings and i pointed out mine's from there and she shut up... i don't have a wedding band yet but i'll probably just get a plain white gold band for it if i do. both our family's hate that i don't have one but oh well.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I don't have one yet but I told my SO that if we ever plan to marry I don't want him spending a ridiculous amount of money on a run. I'd rather have a luxurious honeymoon. However, I think an engagement ring should be some sort investment to prove that he's serious enough so it better not be $20. And not that I have a problem with Wal Mart but I don't think I'd feel very special having an engagement ring bought from the same place I buy my toilet paper. I don't own fancy jewerly (don't care to either) and have only stepped foot in a real jewelry store a handful of times in my life so it would mean a lot to me if he made that investment into something special.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I picked mine out so I know how much it cost. The engagement ring and wedding band set was like $3600. I picked out a $1500 ring and switched the center stone for a higher quality, clearer diamond that was another $1500 - I would have gone for a larger diamond, but the setting was too small to upgrade on that. The band was $500....then you add in tax, etc. I love my ring! There are so many things that make it seem personal to us. For instance, there are two sideways "S's" on the ring, and both my maiden name and my husband's last name start with "S".

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 4:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• $35...Mine is tattooed on. His was $90, tattooed on also.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 6:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Less than $40. I picked a cheap, plain silver band. We can't afford anymore than that and I don't trust myself with anything fancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• His mother gave him the diamonds that was in her ring that his father proposed to his mother with. (they are divorced now) So, he took those diamonds & made a beautiful ring with it. He only spent about $200 to make it through a jeweler friend.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My set was a little over $2000. The engagement ring is a simple solitary diamond and the band is a wrap so it adds 4 diamonds to either side of the main diamond. LOVE IT!
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 7:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I have no idea. I find it rude to even ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2010