Should I just let it be...???

When I was about 16 I lied and told this boy I really liked that I was pregnant... He was a senior and the star basketball player in the state, colleges everywhere wanted him. So he told me to get an abortion and I told him I did. We both went on with our lives or so I thought. He just foound me on facebook and told me that for the past 6 years he has felt horrible about the abortion and that every year on the day it happened he cries. He said that many times he feels so depressed about it.... I feel so horrible and I want to tell him it was a lie but I don't want him to hate me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Let him suffer,he was a dick back then, told you to kill your baby (even though you lied about being pregnant).Maybe you're lie helped him become a better man, and more responsible about sex. I vote for letting it be, why tell him now, he'll just hate you and probably tell everybody you're crazy.
    mommy020608

Answer by mommy020608 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Wow... he should hate you. That was a horrible thing to do to this poor guy. You have to tell him, even if he hates you for it. You deserve every bit of the anger he has for you.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 1:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• wow...
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Maybe I do but like I said I was young and we did have unprotected sex... I thought I was in love and I wanted to hold on to him... When he told me to get an abortion it hurt cause the possiblity was there but it let me know that he didn't really love me... None of this is an excuse but after he went to college I thought we had both moved on with our lives and it hurts me to know that it took that much of a toll on his life. But i think it would hurt him more if I tell him it was all a lie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Actually, it will probably free his conscience. YOU will not fare so well, but that's reaping what you have sown.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2010