Is there a room in your home....

That you hate to clean with a passion, to the point that you don't care whether it stays clean or dirty? For me it's the kitchen..I clean what I have to to make sure it's sanitary enough to cook in, but other than that, I don't care too much about it.
Would love stories of anyone else this happens too.

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 2:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My second bathroom has become my husband bathroom only. If I can't stand it I put Comet down in the toilet and in the tub and say "hey honey wipe the comet out before you shower and before you use the bathroom". lol. Its a small bathroom, he drips and leaves but dust on the seat, and the drain in the tub is slow so it never seems to get cleaned property. I finally just gave up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I always keep the kitchen and bathrooms clean. I couldn't handle it otherwise. Actually I keep the whole house clean, except for the mancave! We have a finished basement and my husband.........he keeps it a mess. I told him that it's his responsibility to keep it in order. I do no cleaning down there.............it's a cluttered mess.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My house is fairly clean, but I HATE cleaning the kids rooms. I can spend hours in there, organizing, throwing away what is broke or doesn't fit, and even be able to vacuum the floor for once. Not an hour later, we are back at square one..I also hate sweeping the floors. We have guinea pigs and they are CONSTANTLY kicking their shavings out of the cage so I am CONSTANTLY sweeping up shavings.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Hate cleaning the kids room like Izsarejman said an hour later back to square one, hate doing the kitchen hate sweeping, moping and vaccuming, thank God hubby helps out with everything.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My two upstairs rooms! I have an old house, so those rooms are freezing in winter and boiling in summer. I HATE them! Lucky, it's basically just storage up there...
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 2:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My bedroom is a catch all for every thing! The rest of the house is nice. My two older boys generally pick up their own rooms and the playroom. The baby is not old enough to make a mess in his room. LOL But I don't even go into my bedroom until I'm ready for bed. By the time I get there, after cooking, and cleaning the rest of the house...after getting the kids baths and off to bed, I don't care what my room looks like! I just fall into bed! I've got to get off my butt and clean it up or my DH is gonna flip when he comes in from Iraq! LOL!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I rather clean the bathroom then the kitchen, but now a days i clean the kitchen rather then the bathroom. bf comes home from work showers and leaves his clothes on the floor. I cant stand that. plus when i clean the bathroom the next day it is dirty. it gets annoying but i do try to keep it clean for sanitary reasons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My house always has to be almost spotless. I cannot stand stuff on the floor, kitchen dirty or bathrooms.. I do however HATE cleaning my DS's room, he destroys it everyday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The boys bathroom. I swear its like walking the Green Mile when I walk down the hallway to clean thier bathroom. The door creaks open slowly and this putrid smell grabs me by the neck and yanks me in. The door slams shut behind me and I battle the monster known as "Boy Funk" alone.

Sometimes I win and I walk out a survivor. I can breathe and the bathroom is spotless.

And sometimes the funk wins and I crawl out with my sanity barely intact.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Although I do keep the kitchen clean, I certainly hate the task as well. In my new surroundings, I have none of the help I had before. Easy clean surfaces, a good exhaust system , dishwasher and closed in places to store everything and making most of the job a simple wipedown of surfaces. Consequently, that has diminished my love of cooking. Hopefully one day I'll be able to improve on that, but it is what it is.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 10:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2010