What can I use to keep my steel gate open when I'm taking out my car?

I barely got it installed yesterday but the darn contractor butch lady that installed it didn't do a good job because from one side it closes by itself right when you open it and I can't reverse out unless hubby holds it open but thats a hassle because what if hes not around and I have to go out to a dr's appointment or something, how will I do it so it wont close and hit my car. Its to high from the ground when it opens so no block or brick will hold it. The contractor just told me to get hinges but that didnt work either. I wonder if the automatic openers that open and close by itself will be strong enough to keep it open, the bad thing about that is that its another extra 1,000 dollars:/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• a $1.00 bungie cord
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The automatic openers are bad are bad about freezing.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2010