How can I potty train my 3 yr. old?

I am soo stressed out. I've done everything other moms have told me to do. For example: Take child to the potty every 30 mins. If the child has an accident leave his pee or poop in the undies (I guess that's suppose to make them feel yucky) but not to my son :( he doesn't care. Have the child without undies (yeah big mistake doing that! My son goes in the closet instead of the toilet. Also, sit with him in the restroom and give him reading material. None of those work!! I need help PLEASE :(

J76

Asked by J76 at 3:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• BUMP.... I am right there with ya, only I have been trying this for almost a year. My daughter still wets the bed and has accidents throughout the day. Sorry, not much help!:(
    chelcityrocks

Answer by chelcityrocks at 12:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• well my child is a 3yr old boy that does it all himself except for wipping. what i did is go through the list of ides everyone gave me until one fit. we did the pee pee in the potty song and dance for awhile it worked and made him feel proud of himself. you can try a special song you make up together or stickers when she goes in the potty. try putting the potty in a place where you are all the time or the 30 mminute thing. also with the 30 minute thing watch her drinking and eating so that way her pee and poo are at almost the same times through out the day. i also did high fives and stuff. i taught him that it was yucky to pooty in his underwear and that big boys went in the toilet. also he stood up to go pee so once he noticed he made bubbles he wanted to do it all the time.lol try putting food color in the water and when she goes it changes color it might make her more interested. also she might be shy so sit by....
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 8:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• ......the door and let her think you arent there. mine would tell me to get out cuz he wanted privacy. that might be why she goes in the closet. anyways hope i was helpful!
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 8:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2010