8 month old son attached to my hip

My son is 8 months old and lately is extremely attached to my hip. I can't get anything done cause he constantly wants to be in my arms. I know babies go through stages like this and i also know when they are not feeling good they want to be held and right now he is teething so i am thinking it maybe that. IDK! Has anyone or is anyone going through this. I can't clean, cook or even go to the restroom without him crying. Advice pls!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its normal. If you are not a CIO parent, get a snuggie and wear him while you get your stuff done. It frees your hands and keeps him happy.
    Btw.... my oldest son is 16.... I havent pee'd in peace since he was born! This is a part of motherhood!
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 6:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• That's super normal. It just means he's a baby. Get an Ergo, Beco, or Earth Huggy Baby Carrier and throw him on your back while you cook and clean. Sit him on your lap when you pee. The Ergo seriously saved my life. It will ebb and flow though- my daughter is a toddler and she is totally fine to play on her own now because I gave her that security that she could be held when she needed to be. :)
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 6:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I'm not a baby wearing momma. I got mine used to sitting next to me while playing, then I would move further and further away at times to get him used to playing on his own. The more he gets used to it, the easier it will be. You can play peekaboo around the corner of a room, which will let him know that you will come back. It definitely got much easier once he was mobile (around 8-9 months) and could follow me if he desired!

Answer by missanc at 8:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Does your 8-month old what to be held all the time or just want to see you? I remember creating little 'play stations' in every room in the house to occupy my girls while I got things done. Sometimes I had to let them cry for a few minutes while I went to the bathroom. It's okay to let him cry for a few minutes as long as he is safe. I know it's frustrating now, but just think, it won't be too long before he will not let you hold him because he'll be too busy doing other things.
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 2:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Slings are nice for hip carries, or a wrap. If you don't want to go that route, I like the idea of a basket of toys in each room.
    My son cries if I go to the washroom too so I take hiim and let him play with the bath toys on the floor. Other times I sing to him while he is in his room so he knows I am close.
    I think the phase will pass, take a raincheck on some of the household chores for now. :)
    erinjb

Answer by erinjb at 2:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010