How often do you excercise? What is your fitness regimen?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 5:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I workout 5-6 days a week. If I do a 6th day it's usually something non-impact and gentle like yoga.

I do 5 cardio days a week and do a variety of things - I like sports drills, plyometric and boot camp type training, I have a reebok step, I run my stairs and I have an elliptical although I only use it when I'm feeling tired or like my joints need a break. Sometimes I like to mix it up and do a bit of everything in the same cardio workout.

As far as resistance training I usually do a back / chest day, a shoulder and arms day and a leg day.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I run outside 8 miles a day 6 days a week. I go to the gym and resistance train 3 to 4 times a week.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I go to the gym 5 days a week, monday through friday I alternate muscle groups and never do the same muscles twice in a row, I use the tread mill on it's largest incline, at a rapid pace for 30 minutes, then go on with weight lifting in different machines and free weights, I am there for a total of an hour and on weekends, I walk with hubby 10 to 12 miles each day.

Answer by older at 8:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I forgot to mention I do all my workouts at home. I spent many years in a gym and prefer working out at home.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 8:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i don't know how people can walk 10-12 miles a day. I walk about 4-5 miles at a decent pace & that takes me about 2 hours. I do that every other day. And the days i do not walk, i do a yoga & pilates regime. I don't work out all that hard, but i do excercise as much as i can. I hate running, even w/ a sports bra....i just hate my big boobs bouncing all around...LOL! Walking is my favorite time of the day. I day dream & look at neat stuff & smell the roses along the way.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• 5x a week. One week I do cardio 3 days and resistance training 2. The next week I do resistance training 3 days and cardio 2. I meet with a trainer every other week and she gives me a new workout that's weight/plyo. I do salsaerobics 2 days a week, and on my 3 day cardio week I do an hour on the treadmill.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I exercise every day. I do a Leslie Sansone 3 mile video every day. (Sometimes I'll do the 2 mile on Sundays.) Then on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat I do The Firm's body sculpting which is basically weight training.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 9:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Up until 3 and a half weeks ago, when I had a partial hysterectomy, I walked at least 2 miles every morning on my treadmill and exercised at Curves in the afternoon. I have another 3 weeks on medical restriction until I can start exercising again, and I can't wait!! I miss it.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I'm usually at the gym 4-5 days a week usually for about 2 hrs a day. I like doing spin, yoga, pilates, weights couple days/week, elliptical, treadmill. Now that the weather is warmer we've been swimming more too. I also walk everywhere around my neighborhood-grocery store, bank, park etc.
    Elsasmom

Answer by Elsasmom at 9:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

___________________

Sorry but have to call bullshit on this one. Let's see so at the gym for a min of 1 hr + walking 10 to 12 miles. So if you walk at a 4.0 pace it would take you about 3 hrs to walk that. So almost every day you are working out for 4 hours or more?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010