I know there are a lot of " should had done" For this question but I really don't care now. It is way psat that. I just need some help from people who have either been evicted or are apartment management.

Our old place we had to leave a month early DH said it would be better to pay that last month when it would orginally be due so he could go back to finish cleaning the apartment. Well things fell thru and we had to mail the rent. We mailed the rent to their address along with our 30 days notice. They are claiming to have never recieved either one. I honestly do not believe that they didn't get them but we have no receipt. DH accidently mailed it with the money order. They have not evicted us yet as far as I know. They have been trying to work with DH but it is hard trying to save up 1045 dollars while paying bills and rent in a new state. I fear they will evict us. What I was wanting to know. Is there a way to save this still? I mean even if they evict us? Will we be able to deal with someone for a payment plan? Could we ask the apartment for one? I just really want to try to save this. I just don't know what to do! Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Did he mail the whole money order, or did you keep the carbon copy or the receipt that came with it? If you have it, there should be a number on it. You can use that number to claim your money back. If the money has already been cashed then you can use that against your landlord.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I really don't know. You honestly are asking in the wrong place since this can differ anywhere. I suggest talking to the appropriate people before eviction starts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I would call the apartment and be frank with them. Tell them you mailed a money order, you're sorry that they didn't get it. (sucks that it wasn't a check). And ask if there is any way that you can set up a payment plan for that last months rent. How long ago was it? Maybe they just haven't recieved the envelope yet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We mailed it begining of march. It wasnt a check because they wont accept personal checks. I wish they did because this would had all been avoided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• There was no carbon copy it was just a western union money order. They say they cant look it up either. It was just one sheet of paper that he forgot to detach the receipt from.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• There has to be a trace of this money order where you bought it, inquire, and you shall find.

Answer by older at 8:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Just be careful with your belongings. My aunt died and her 18-yr-old son neglected his rent and then was evicted. When the date came, all of his personal belongings that were in the storage area downstairs were disposed of. The sad part is that none of the family knew about the eviction ahead of time to help him save his things. A lot of the items that were thrown out belonged to his mom. He may have altered the story of what happened by the time that we heard it, but just be careful with your timing and belongings, just in case. I would follow the advice of Anon 737 and call the apartment and find out exactly what will happen. The more honest and direct that you are, the more they will be willing to work with you to resolve the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I looked on Western Union's website and you can track it. http://www.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&countryCode=US&languageCode=en&pagename=HomePage Since you don't have the number, you will have to enter to recipient's name and the sender's name and it will look it up. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No we " shal NOT find" Western Union says they CANT look it up. It was NOT like a money gram tehy didnt go pick it up!
    It was a printed out money order that we put in an evenlope and put in the MAIL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2010