hoax emails and what NOT to do

I just received a hoax email (Bill Gates sharing his fortune) from a family member and of course I never ever believe them and never forward anything on . I researched a supposed name in the email and came up with easykey.net, they tell people about hoax emails, what not to do if you get one and tell you ones that are going making their rounds. There was one that made me really angry, it was about a missing child and it was a hoax ! They asked you to forward it to everyone you know so the boy could be found. It is so wrong to use children this way, or any way ! Some of them apparently are to either see how far the email can go or actually give you a virus. I thought this would be good to pass on to everyone to learn how to be safe and never open these kinds of emails. I googled the info.

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 6:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• bow down

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You know what's really sad? A few weeks a go a young woman (high school aged) really did go missing. No one believed the emails because of all the missing kid hoaxes. I had to Google the news stories before I would believe it! Those people are sick. It's almost like calling 911 without an emergency.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• If I don't recognise the sender, I delete the e-mail without ever opening it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I hate the ones that say if you forward this someone will donate money every time it's forwarded....that's a big load of crap...but my friends obviously believe it because they keep sending those types of chain emails to me. Very annoying.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Mom, is an easy target for religious oriented e-mails no matter how often I warn her that they are most often a vehicle for computer crashing. Most of this junk is supposed to tug a heart and lure you in, just like impulse items at a store. Hurts like hell sometimes to delete mom's e-mails, but one of our computers needs to stay running to keep the other going.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I should have added, that I even question links on CafeMom, other than the parent program. Hackers are clever.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• If I don't know who it's from I don't open it.
    Anonymous