Imagine The Opposite?

After 10 years of being a homeschooling SAHM, I'm now working and DH is a homeschooling SAHD. I work two jobs, six days a week, 3 12-hour shifts and 3 8-hour shifts as a nurse. DH is a far better stay-at-home partner than I ever was; the house is cleaner and the meals are healthy and he's happy and the kids are happy and while it may be a bit sobering to realize that your husband is an awesome wife when you were a mediocre one, I'd far rather everyone is happy than know I was Superwoman. What amuses me is the way that once I started working, things like the kids' bickering would annoy me more and sometimes I would be too tired or stressed out from the day to want to have sex or I'd forget to kiss him when I got home because I pre-occupied with getting out of my MRSA-covered uniform scrubs. Anyone else experience this sort of thing? What's your story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL, no...but i liked reading your story. People nowadays get so caught up on female & male roles. I'm glad that you guys worked something out that works great for both of you. Way to break the stereotype barrier. I dig it! I think it's real cool that your husband makes a great stay at home dad.

I DO remember coming home after a long days work & not having the mental capacity to deal with whining children. That i can relate to.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I can relate to having a husband who is a great cook! He's way better cook than I am, but I am the one who makes dinner each night (you know because I'm the girl! lol!). So I figure eventually I'll get better at it. He's working and I'm home right now, so it makes sense that I'd cook, it just tastes better when he does it!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Kudo's to both of you for overcomming that male/female role mind washing. It had it's place and valid reasons in the past, but we do not live in the past. The essence of marriage is that both do what is best for their family unit, without jealousy, greed or underminding by each other or from external sources. You are both allowing and I hope enjoying watching the other, grow..... and probably the envy of others and they are usually the ones who would mock your situation. God Bless and best wishes.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My husband would be the best SAHD! He was home a long time ago and he was awesome. He cooks and cleans and is very good with the kids! I wish mine could stay home! But we both work and as for kids bothering I guess it depends on the day. Sometimes I come home and am so happy to see the kids. Other times I wish it was peaceful and quiet! If you have a stressful job I could see how you would be annoyed!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2010