Is this not sickening?

Doing my usual grocery shopping I came across a young person in a particular T-Shirt. It read: "Get Ready America: It's time for a whole new generation of emotionally disturbed veterans!"

_________________________________________

Is this not making light of the situation our young vets are in upon returning from these horrible wars? OR perhaps wishing ill on them in some way? What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd say it' is speaking the truth. It is not wishing ill, or making light of a situation. War screws people up!
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 8:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• If that shirt was making fun of anything it was making fun of Vietnam vets instead of Iraqi Freedom vets!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I guess it all depends on how you choose to view it. Unfortunately, the facts are true; perhaps not for all soldiers;for a good many returning vets. I doubt any good soldier would ever say that they enjoyed killing people they don't know and not knowing that every bulit or device would not hit someone innocent. It has to take a toll on any good person, Christian or not. T-stirts with a quote of statements of truth are a poor vehicle for conveying a meaning, since they lack the ability to expound. The meaning on that T-shirt should however, make us all think about better ways to handle the recitivism of our soldiers back into our socety. Will we forget them again and leave them to lick their own wounds as we have before or will we have grown enough to see their needs are met and also will greed for the dollar place them in the background of importance. It depends on the charecter of the person who reads it.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• GMMOLLY, have we not already forgotten them? Once again, we are so preoccupied with "Why are we there?" that as a nation we are forgetting or forgotten about the conditions in which our vets live, work or recieve their care (or lack thereof).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Of course good soldiers like to kill! Hence why they are good soldiers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree that care for our vets should always be improving.Obviously,most,if not all,will return changed in some way.Some are changed for the worse and need intervention.They should always recieve that afterall they are fighting for our countrys protection and freedom.The t-shirt I don't know for certain what the wearer thinks of it..how he portrays it himself.They could be anti war (not that anyone loves war) and just do not share your or my POV.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• They should always recieve that afterall they are fighting for our countrys protection and freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That would be a matter of opinion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I know the exact T-shirt you're talking about! Hubby and his entire platoon ordered them when they got back from Fallujah!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Looks like the anti-military patrol is out in force this morning!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Sometimes anonymous I wish we'd just never do so..so that you would find out..but then we'd all have to suffer because of your opinion.I would not have even went there but of course you just cannot help yourself but to pick.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2010