No more moon trips?

I was watching the news this morning and I heard that President Obama wants to stop U.S. trips to the moon. Why?

AirForceWife14

Asked by AirForceWife14 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would think to cut costs... No need to send them up there anyway, it's a huge WASTE of money! IMO anyway..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• On to bigger and better things! Colonizing Mars!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Well, in my household (with money being tight) we cancel all trips that are not necessary...guess Obama is doing the same.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 8:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Few countries have space exploration resources. I would think that the more we "explore" the more power to our country.
    We don't want Richard Branson getting ahead of us. LOL
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The space industry as a whole is being privatized.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We've already been there & know all about our moon. Why waste so much money on going to our moon when our country could use every bit of that money on something much more helpful to our people? Going to the moon can most definitely be put on hold.

Either that, or the Aliens who live on the dark side kicked us off & told us never to come back.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The last time a person set foot on the moon was 1972 with Apollo 17.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Well when we are short on funds, we cut out vacations. It's simple, really.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Samurai Chica, we do not "know all about the moon". We don't even know everything about our OWN planet, much less the moon.

So Duster, you support the cutting of funds for space exploration? Interesting.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2010