waaay TMI

a few days ago, me and my husband had...well, a very great love session. Since then my...downstairs has been itchy and...inflamed I guess. It has been very sensitive, and this morning there was a beige-ish color discharge coming out. It was goopy and reminded me of oatmeal. I just got on birth control, and it said that I may get a vaginal infection. Is that was this is? Or were we too rough the other day? Or is it something else entirely? what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Health

• sounds like a yeast infection. Go see your ob/gyn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You've got the Yeasty Beasty.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 8:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• how do I go aout getting rid of it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You can go to the drug store and get a test that will tell you if it isa yeast infection, if so get Monistat 3--they now make one that you only do 1 dose of, but i found that the 3 dose kind works, better I had it reoccur with the 1 dose, if it isn't yeast,,, you need to make an appt, with the gyn ASAP! TMI--but I have never had a yeast infection that was brownish in color,,,so that is why I think you should get the test to see, if it isn't yeast,, the monistat will still take away the symptoms, but can mask a more serious issue,, good luck! I know how distracting/painful this is!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• you have a yeast infection but you might have bacterial vaganosis too. before doing any at home treatment go see your doc and get checked. yeast infection meds OTC might burn. see your doc asap.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2010