Obama’s approval hits new low, opposition to ObamaCare hits new high. Is this where you thought he would be over a year later?

Associated Press-Just 49 percent of people now approve of the job Obama’s doing overall, and less than that — 44 percent — like the way he’s handled health care and the economy...
Adding to Democratic woes, people have grown increasingly opposed to the health care overhaul in the weeks since it became law; 50 percent now oppose it, the most negative measure all year.
Just as many people rated the economy poor this month — 76 percent — as did last July.
And it could get worse for Democrats: One-third of those surveyed consider themselves tea party supporters, and three-quarters of those people are overwhelmingly Republicans or right-leaning independents. That means they are more likely to vote with the GOP in this fall’s midterms, when energized base voters will be crucial amid the typical low turnout of a non-presidential election year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

•  Is this where you thought he would be over a year later?

Yeah, pretty much. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Is this where you thought he would be over a year later?

Independents are the ones who got Obama elected. They are the growing segment of the US population who is the MOST unhappy with Obama's~ CHANGE AMERICA~ Campaign... I figured people would start waking up. I am optimistic to see it happening so soon after he was elected... Continue to Wake UP America!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I didn't really think he would force Obamacare on a broke nation.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I was really HOPING the American people would start to wake up.

Americans in general are good people....sometimes compacity comes into factor and I have FAITH in my fellow Americans to stand up against this mess and vote for the right person next time.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I was hoping for better.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It depends on how you look at things and what poll you are using. All of you who are responding above me, you were all doom and gloom the moment he got elected so there's nothing he can do that will change your minds. You five and a few others have come on here day in and day out, sometimes all day and night and bash him. So really, your answers are expected and always are to be taken with a grain of salt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Anonymous, funny, I see you on here day and night. Your little blue question mark avatar is everywhere on this site. It's just amazing how much time you spend on here.

And since you answer EVERY question asked on here, often arguing different sides, your answers are expected and always are to be taken with a grain of salt.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• See how that grain of salt works out for you in Nov
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I couldn't agree more mancos. This question had to do with whether we thought we would be 'here' a year ago. I figured we would. How is that Obama bashing? I am not surprised because I did this really important thing, I listened to what he had to say (rather, I read transcripts of what he said) and I could see the dollar signs adding up with every word. If you didn't see it coming, you weren't paying attention. That's not my fault or the fault of anyone else that WAS paying attention. Ignoring the facts makes one ignorant of reality.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Anonymous, funny, I see you on here day and night. Your little blue question mark avatar is everywhere on this site. It's just amazing how much time you spend on here. And since you answer EVERY question asked on here, often arguing different sides, your answers are expected and always are to be taken with a grain of salt.

good

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2010