How has President Obama affected you and your family so far?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• As high income wage earners, we pay high taxes. No change there. Both my husband and I are still gainfully employed, own homes and our portfolios look slightly better from the low in 2008. Certainly our employers have tightened their belts with raises and bonuses not  being as lucrative.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I got a REALLY bitchin tax return this year.

But, that's just about it. Nothing else has changed in our household.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Prices and state taxes go up, pay checks go down!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Lets see I went into a chapter 13 to save my home...gas prices are almost 3 bucks a gallon...$100.00 worth of groceries now cost $200.00......my husbands pay took concessions.....Im out of a job.....May I go on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I had hope when he was elected. He talked a good game.  However the stimulus didn't help, our income is way down, and now I'm struggling not to lose my home.  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I paid $9.39 in federal taxes each month last year. I knew he was not going to wave some wand and all the problems would go away. I knew that he had a bumpy road ahead of him. Anyone who was elected to this position, be it Republican or Democrat, would be in a whole world of hurt after the last 8 years. People thought he would make sure everyone had no mortgage, everyone would be working, free healthcare on every corner, they heard the word "stimulus" and probably expected a check, etc. Our country was so depressed during the Bush years that the people who believed in him heard what they wanted to hear. IF they did not focus on the entire picture, then that's their fault.

So my answer is neither nor. I'm not affected any more now than I was in 2002 or 2006.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• " now I'm struggling not to lose my home. "

A Chapter 13 saved my home maybe you could check on it to help you.

Yep America is bankrupt....and I never thought I would see the day it would happen to my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We are saving more for the future than ever before. Health care;cap and trade and other Democratic chatter without REAL PLANS for growth of American businesses and jobs concern me. Small Businesses create over 70% of the jobs in the US, yet the Obama admin seems to have a difficult time understanding this reality. Of course the Unions pay more campaign dollars... So, there ya go!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Small Businesses create over 70% of the jobs in the US, yet the Obama admin seems to have a difficult time understanding this reality. Of course the Unions pay more campaign dollars... So, there ya go!

Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My SIL works for an organization partially funded by the government . The government has taken away such funds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2010