how would you feel?

Me and the hubby got a large refund a few weeks ago. My parents and I were talking and though I said I wouldnt tell them how much money it was,I did.The problem is they had their friend there who said ,:That's too much money for you!" You should give some back.I instantly got upset . I brooded over this for at least a week.Finally,yesterday My dad and I got to talking about it all. He thinks that when he and Mom were raising kids they never got the earned income credit.He thinks it should be fair across the board and that tax credit should be given to all.I feel that sice my hubby is disabled, that we really needed that money. Now I started to cry when i told him i didn't like his friend saying that to me. He defended her and I was understanding that she was having a rough time with her financial situation and shes not only jealous but irate but Dad says shes not mad at me but the government .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• the people that don't like the EITC are the ones that make too much money to qualify for it. It wasn't designed to make the rich richer, it was designed to help lower income families.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• as a dual income working family, I feel the EITC is unfair... how should you get back more in taxes than you even payed into the system!?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The tax system has never been fair. You shouldn't take it personally. And you shouldn't discuss it with your parents or this person. As long as you are following the law for the year in question just file your forms and get on with your life. Taxes aren't personal and there is no reason to get upset one way or the other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Hope you learned your lesson in keeping your mouth shut about discussing money with family and to other people. It's non of their business.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• qactually, taxes were meant for the rich to distribut to the poor and needy. About time!

FUCK YALL BITCHES!!

KEEP YOUR MONEY HONEY!

you deserve it. God bless you and help you invest it right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I prepare taxes for a living, and guess what, your money is your money!!!
    No the government isn't fair, but thats life.

Just remember in the future that it is your business and NOONE elses.
    Noone in my family knows how much I got back on my taxes.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• This is for peanuts mommy: I do not think you understand we are not a DUAL working family.My husband does not work!!! He is disabled!!! He doesn't even get that much in disability!!!! Its not like we too don't have two growing kids and my hubby cant even afford his own healthcare !!! We do not collect food stamps and I do not have any medical insurance either.Maybe this is the governments way for us to buy food or some medicine? Did you ever think of that!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes I work too but part time and yes I pay into the system!!!
    Anonymous