Have you witnessed economic stimulus first-hand?

Recently in my area one of the supermarkets went organic. They bought/rent the next door business and undergo a huge renovation. The supermarket has a huge section of organic food and the registers are so "fancy".

Also something similar happen with the drug store nearby it has a "new face" renovated completely and now it is open 24 hours.
Is this stimulus per say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. Just last week I was standing on part of a freeway project that the state of California was going to kill because of its budget problems. Stimulus money saved it. And say what you will about creating jobs versus saving them...the construction workers at that site weren't going to parse the difference because they HAVE jobs and that's all they care about.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• No, I haven't witnessed the millions of dollars that were supposed to be spent in my area for new taser guns for our police force. I have to say, it's not exactly the kind of thing I want to 'witness' first hand. I don't know exactly why they needed them if they already have tasers. I guess those things wear out? IDK.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No, it is a business decision.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Organic is hot.

they just need to have extra good quality and not too much higher than Wal-Mart, because most people who want organic won't pay much more than what they can pay at Wal-Mart.

I don't see how any of this can be attributed to the Obama White House.
    it's just some capitalists doing what capitalists do.

Damn, I hate capitalists.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Have you witnessed economic stimulus first-hand?

They are repaving the same road they repave every 2 years.. In the local news~the city said, no new jobs were created. They would have still have done these projects without stimulus.  They applied for the money, they were rewarded the money...However, This years repaving~ there is a Recovery Sign next to the orange construction sign.  So, I guess the stimulus is in the sign...  ;o) Damn, it's a good looking sign, though...  All of the Laid off Delphi, GM, and NCR employees get to enjoy the sign on their way to wait in line with 350++ others to apply for one open position.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• They stamped their name on bridge rebuilding projects that were planned and paid for 2 years ago so they can call it "stimulus." They also contributed to forcing them to bring in labor that's based at the opposite end of the state instead of hiring locally. I'm sure the businesses that went under due to the road closings understand, though, they're really just being stimulated.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The U.S. Small Business Administration welcomes you to this new resource center, which connects America’s entrepreneurs with tax management tools and strategies to maximize savings from the 2008 Economic Stimulus Package.
    sba.gov
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I work for the county and I have seen a TON TON TON of stimulus money at work :-) Lots of construction work, roads, bridges, etc. I've also seen quite a bit of money going into schools, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• They're cutting 6 1/2 more teaching positions from our school, eliminated summer school and the diploma bound program this year. Does that count???
    Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• There has been a lot of road work in my area that even has signs saying this is part of the economic stimulus project or something to that effect.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010