Do you really think that all children out there MUST BE vaccinated? (let's do it right this time)

I posted this question before but I got confuse. Please share any comments you have about the question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a friend that had a baby whose immune system was too weak to be vaccinated due to other health problems (premature birth, heart condition, etc). During one of her check ups the regular Ped who recommended NOT VAXING was on vacation and the PED filling in vaccinated her. The child is now a vegetable.

Vaccinations are NOT for every child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Op here. Here is the only comment so far. anon thanks!

Yes and No. For some things like polio, measles, mumps, meningitis, Yes. Hepatitis B at birth? Not really. How many newborns are going to be shooting up or having risky sex at that age? Gardasil? No. Rotavirus? No because that keeps getting recalled. Influenza? Not at all. Should infants be given as many shots at one time? No. But it's a matter of opinion for people. Though I am iffy about vaccines, I did get my kids vaccinated. Their schedule was delayed though. They have immunities to the ones they should be immune to like Hepatitis A and B, varicella, measles, etc. I had titers drawn on them when my varicella vaccinated daughter came home with chicken pox.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• my 5 year old and 2 year old has always gotten vaccinations. They got whatever they get in the hospital then they get the ones at the doctor's. I haven't eveer missed one of their shots. The only one I missed was with my now 2 year old because for some reason our old doctor never gave her or offered the shot for rotavirus well she got rotavirus last year. She was sick in and out of the hospital for 3 weeks. But by the time she got it she was like a year so they said it was to late to give it to her. My 5 year old is going in 2 weeks for shots for kindergarden in the fall and I get my kids the flu shot every year as well I have since they were 6 months old. I didn't do the swine flu one since it is to new and didn't trust it yet. I didn't get the flu shot the first time until my youngest when I was pregnant with her. Now I even get it every year as well. My DH also gets one because of his work.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yes because a vaccine will only protect the community from outbreaks if 95% of the population is vaccinated. The shot itself doesn't protect you 100% so you have to prevent people from carrying disease too.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My DD (5) has had all of her shots, but my son (3) had such a bad reaction to his first set at 6 weeks our pediatrician said that she would definatley think twice about continuing, so we didn't (he is fine and is the healthiest child I have) even when my DD gets sick he doesn't, his immune system is GREAT! But I am expecting in a couple of weeks and intend to get what is needed (depending on her reaction to them I guess)
    I think it should be the parents choice, because one more set my pediatrician said could have killed him. She said it was VERY rare to have that severe of a reaction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Can I tell you how SICK I am of this topic? Let it go FFS. Do what you do and I'll do what I do and nobody has to care about either of us because we get to decide what is good and not good for our kids.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 11:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• MIZUST: Do you have to answer bitchy on every question? I have seen at least three today that you answered in a most bitchy manner without ever actually answering the question asked. If you don't like it, DO NOT ANSWER AT ALL!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree that this question is asked WAY too much and all it does is cause debates. But to answer your question... yes, I do believe that every child should be protected. All it takes is one child to bring a disease back to the US and all the children that arent vaccinate are going to become exposed. I undrestand that it is a decision that is left up to the parents but IMO I believe that vaccinations are recommended for a reason
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010