how would you feel about this? I have a friend (neighbor) that first I put somethings on craislist to sell then she started doing it that didn't bother me, but then I put a ad on craislist for babysitting since I am a SAHM and thought I could help DH out when I get money from that well my friend decided to do it too.

Then she told me she was so exited that someone called her about a babysitting job she said it was for a 6 month old baby. I told her that they called me too. She told me I couldn't do that? I said do what? She said I couldn't take that job because that was going against her. Well mind you I put that ad up first so I am probably the one they called first, but she said she wouldn't do that to me (take a babysitting job she new I was trying to get), but she basicly did putting the ad on there. Well she told me she got this job yesterday she starts next week, but they told me that she doesn't know if she is going to get this job it depends on the interview how it goes. She would let me know. Well my friend is saying that she thought we had an understanding now she is mad at me for talking to them about the job. I told her fine the next time I have someone to babysit I will call her first CON....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow, she is totally wrong. Definitely stop telling her everything you're doing and do not call her first about babysitting jobs. That's just stupid for her to expect you to do that. Whichever one of you the parents like will get the job. If she asks, just say you don't want to discuss it and cause any rift between the two of you.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• to make sure that she isn't looking at the same job. She then said ok then she said but what are you going to do about this one? So that made me mad. Then today she put on her facebook status that some adults need to grow up and stop being so childish. That made me more mad. What would you do in this situation? Who is wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i would let it slide and have the interview... the parent's will choose who they feel is best for the job. if she wants to act like that, let her... just don't stoop to her level. the facebook status, i wouldn't even respond to... if she continues doing that kind of stuff, you may want to back off a bit... you don't have to be like, "well, i'm not going to be your friend anymore! NYAH!" but more of an, "oh, i'm busy with everything going on." kind of thing.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• sounds like you are both being childish to me
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think if you take a step back now, you won't say or do something you come to regret. She is playing petty games, and if you let her upset you and you retaliate, you will do something childish, and you'll feel really dumb in the end. I'd just find another friend to call and hang out with for a little while until things blow over.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• She is wrong. I would just not tell her about any other calls you get for babysitting. I might tell her that I planned to take whatever calls came and I wouldn't ask the parents if they were also talking to her. The people who want someone to babysit for them have every right to call and interview both of you and choose who they feel is best for their child. I wouldn't be upset about her posting an ad, but her deciding her ad is more important than your is ridiculous. I also would either delete her as a friend on Facebook or at least not look at her page for a while; SHE is being VERY childish, and I would try to ignore that behavior until she figures that out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• that would annoy me too !

I would tkae the interview and would hope to get the job....I would probably also start to ignore her....after I made it clear that YOU put the ad on their FIRST and that she basically took this from you...

IDK...she sounds pretty childish.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• OMG

WHO CARES????

GET A HOBBY AND STOP WHINING!
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 10:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• OP HERE The thing is she wants me to achually call her everytime to make sure this person didn't call her first. I only talked to them because they called me what was I supose to do? I am not upset that she posted the ad, but for the fact that she wants me to call her first to make sure they didn't call her on the job. Deleting her as a friend on facebook I can do, but she still is my neighbor and our girls play together so I am going to still have to deal with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• MizusT

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A PLACE THAT US MOMS COULD VENT??????????
    Anonymous