Pregnant cat question

She is only about 4 weeks pregnant.She is bigger and her nipples are bigger and pink.I cannot feel the babies yet.But she is taking to being in the bathtub in our bathroom and is tearing up paper.According to the internet she is going to have them in 2 weeks.Is this possible?Can she be further along?I saw a male (shame on him lol) with her 3-4 weeks ago.So she was in heat then.Long story short we were told she was a he.We never looked but trusted the lady who helped us with her.Ugh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Pets

• Cats are forced ovulators. the male stimulates the heat. SO guess what I'm saying is she could have been w/ him before and you didnt see. She also could just be nesting like some women do earlier than others. I would just watch her. Go ahead and get ready incase they do come early. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Thanks.Lol.My dh said he thinks she is further along.This is her first and last litter.Lol.She will be getting fixed.How will I know the signs of her going into labor?Is there a way to tell?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• She may try to disappear to have them in private no matter how nice of a set up you make for her. If you want her to have them at home inside, confine her. If you have a guest bath that you don't use much, you can set up her box, her bed, her food and water, and keep her in there. The #1 sign a cat is going into labor soon is that she disappears, from my experience.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Thanks.She is an indoor cat so I am not worried about that part.How will In know if when she is having them that she will be ok?I have heard of people having to help with the birth.How many do they usually have the first time?
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 11:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I guess my cat is weird then because when she started to go into labor she wouldn't leave my husband alone. we had her in a laundry basket with blankets on the bottom. Cats usually have only about 3 kittens the first litter, my cat had 8 but 2 died. GL
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 11:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My cat is pregnant too. She got pregnant about 2 weeks AFTER she just had a litter and was still nursing her kittens...I didn't think that it was possible for cats to go into heat while they were nursing and just had a litter.UGH. Anyway...When she had her first litter, she was acting really strange and wouldn't leave me side and kept looking up at me meowing.I took her in the bathroom with a special delivery box I made for her.She looked so scared, poor thing.I petted her to help calm her down, she actually screamed out when the first one was born but the others came more easily for her.I stayed with her the whole time. If I tried to leave, she would try to jump out of the box and follow me.She had her first 4 kittens.I felt her belly and thought I could feel another one in there, but she was done. 2 days later, she gave birth to the 5th kitten, who was stillborn :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Sounds like your going to be having some kittens! Make sure your also feeding her kitten food to help give her nutrition and calories. BTW I am a vet Tech.
    You will also want to get her spayed after you wean the kittens away or she could end up prego right after she is done with this litter. If you have questions email me!
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i had a cat that gave birth a few times and when i know she was getting ready is she had her milk the was linking crested and i knew she was about to give birth

what i did is have a clean warm water wash cloth and a dry one if you have to help you need to wipe the noise eyes and mouth area right away and there is a part on the umbilical cord you will have to cut if they dont get to it in time
    Anonymous

• Thanks for all the advice! She is getting wider.LOL.She is eating even more now.My dh said he felt 3 kittens.Thats good b/c we have homes for 3.He thinks it will be in the next week.I say a few more weeks.Its exciting but also in a way scary.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 9:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010