Two year old birthday party.

My (only child) DD will be two at the end of May, and we're doing a farm birthday for her. I was thinking about doing pony rides for all of the kids that will be there (about 15 kids, ranging in age 2-10, mostly 2-5). The problem is my family doesn't really go "all out" for birthdays, they usually just have cake and gifts, and that's it, but I like to do big fun stuff. I don't want to make anyone feel bad or make them think my DD is spoiled, or anything like that. I just want everyone to come and have a great time. We're going to have a kiddie pool set up, and have games and prizes and what-not, then the last hour I wanted the pony rides, and I want to take a picture of each kid on the pony and print the pictures (we have a printer to print them right then) and put in magnetic frames for each kid to take home..

So, would you do it? I want honest opinions. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't worry about people thinmking she is spoiled. My son will be turning two on the 12th!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Do what you want. Sounds like a ton of fun!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No one in my family ever goes all out for birthdays. But, I do! My son won't be two until September and I'm already planning his party! Most of the people in my family have their parties at the monkey joes or the skating ring and let them do all the work. I figure that cost around $300 so why not spend $300-$400 and do something different! I don't see anything wrong with it! Birthday's are a big deal! I say go for it and have fun don't let anyone else spoil the fun for ya!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I beleive in huge birthday partys too! I figure they only turn 1,2,3.... once so why not? I get alot of crap about the partys I throw. This year was spongbob. Spongebob everything! My husband sais I paid to much money, had to much stuff etc. etc. but did he pay for it? nope! If you are paying for it no one has anyright to jugde you or your child. It will be a memorable party and will be talked about for years to come. THe poney ride sounds great to me and I wish my baby wasn't born in December so I could do stuff like that! I am thinking of havinf a "Non-birthday" party in June though. My birthday is June 25th and lets face it, i'm to old for a party but since I have a december baby i'm thinking of doing the un-birthday party for him at the park.

Go for it~ it's your baby, your money, your choice! if they don't liek it thay don't have to come!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 1:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2010