Do you find that you work out more when you are paying for a gym membership vs. working out at home and not paying for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Initially, yes, but after a few months, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Paying for it has nothing to do with working out more, but as a relatively new at the gym (it's been 3 years) I find myself motivated by others who are there regularly like me.

Answer by older at 10:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No. I've paid for many memberships and never used them.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i personally like the gym more because theres so many options of machines, cardio machines, and classes that i dont get bored as easily. the fact that i paid for it does motivate me to go, and when i get up and get dressed and go to the gym, i have no option but to work out - if im at home, my couch is right there & so is my fridge & my TV & my computer so im more likley not to work out. at the gym, theres nothing to do but work out. i also love classes alot. but with my 10 month old son, & having money issues i havent been able to get to the gym, and i really need to loose 20 lbs so i just bought the biggest loser cardio max DVD and i REALLY like it, and ive been walking alot. so whatever you can do, do it. its better then nothing
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i have a group online that works out and everytime i log a workout i have a chance to win money and all my buddies i can send emails to and get them to workout at the same time as me..its great..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Personally, I workout more at a gym, than at home. I just can't bring myself to do it at home. I have been a member at one gym or another for the last 10 years and for most of the last 10 years, I use the gym minimum 3 days a week. Currently, using it 5 days a week.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree with Anon-in the beginning yes, but later on, no...
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2010