Why is it proper manners for a man to put the seat down after he's done peeing?

He needs it up, I need it down. I'm just as capable of putting it UP after each time I use it as he is of putting it down. Howcome it's considered proper for a man to put the seat down, and not for a woman to put the seat up? Why doesn't it work both ways?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't get the whole seat thing.

If it's proper manners for a man to put the seat down out of consideration for a woman....... Then woudln't it be proper for a woman to lift the seat out of consideration for a man...........................

I honestly don't care if my husband puts the seat down or leaves it up. It's just as easy for me to put it down when I go to the bathroom as it is for him to put it down when he's done.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Maybe because the woman can fall in. Hey, it happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yep, because if he leaves it up and you go in the middle of the night you might fall inn (has happened to me!).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Lol, but he can fall in too, if he has to poop before I have to go to the bathroom lol. And I'm quite capable of checking to see if the seat is down... it's not like it's a huge chore or anything :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We put the lid down, that way it's fair for everyone. And less toilet germs flying around when you flush.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Because we're going in reverse and they're going in forwards.

And if he could fall in too then he's going in reverse as well and ought to have left it down last time for his own sake too!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• In my house, who ever cleans the toilet, gets to call it!  Since I clean the toilet and my hubby is the only male in a family of four, the seat stays down.  Majority rule!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• They piss all over everything, like I want to touch that! I can clean and clean, I live with three men, they miss on occasion. Let them leave it down for me!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i agree with everyone else....if we leave it up..it doesnt effect the man...but if the man leaves it up if we're in a hurry or in the middle of the night and too tired to check we're gonna fall in...and idk bout the rest of you but that pisses me off more than anything!!! so thats why men need to keep it down and women dont need to keep it up...
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• That's easy. Because a man CAN pee sitting, and he DOES poop sitting.

A woman CANNOT (well...you know) pee standing.

But really, I just tell my DH that when he starts cleaning it, he can leave it up. No fear of that happening. :)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2010