What would you have done?

When we buy milk we buy 2 gals. Bc it goes so fast here in our home anyway once we finish one gal. Of course we start on the next well as I opened the next one as I removed the lid I notice there was a little bit if curding inside the spout it grossed me out even though the expiration date was fine so just to be safe I dumped it in the sink WOW a whole gallon down the drain but the sad part it did not look spoiled or smelled spoiled just the rim/spout of it. I just didn't want to take any chances on getting my family sick.
what would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If it was within the expiration date, I would have returned it to the store.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I would have probably wiped off the rim and used the milk.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• is milk so controversial that you have to post anon!?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I would have given it a good smell, if it was fine, we would have drank it. Are you sure it was curdling or a bit of dried milk from the cap area that fell in?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• If all looked normal and smelled normal. I would have given it a little taste. If all seemed good I would have used the milk.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• OP here it was a creamy looking stuff it was just a little of it on the inside rim/ spout.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Drank it because that's just the freaking fat/cream risen to the surface! Every gallon I open has that - the higher the fat the more there is! Wow, what a waste. Oh well, your money, not mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2010