what is anatural way to highlight hair?

My 11 yr old daughter wants to highlight her hair..Is there a natural kitchen item or household item that can be used for this?

beetlejuice63

Asked by beetlejuice63 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Lemon juice and water put in a spray bottle spray on hair then sit in the sun. Only really works if you have light brown hair and want more blond in it.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Well, I know of one that is somewhat natural. Buy a bottle of "Sun-in" spray her hair with it and let her sit in the sun, repeat daily until she has the color she wants. It lightens any hair color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No sun in it ruined my hair when I was younger, and if your hair is not light enough to start it will turn out orange!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The only natural way is to put lemon juice in your hair and sit in the sun but its very unhealthy for your hair because really you're putting acid on it and baking it! Also the lemon juice can make your scalp burn and peel and if she sweats it can get into her eyes and make them burn. I would suggest going to Walmart and getting a clear shine treatment instead. It doesn't change the color of the hair but it does make it shinier and that makes it seem slightly lighter. After a few weeks it washes out. I have used the one by Clairol and love it.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2010