Anybody work part time and still do 100% of the housework?

When I worked full time I did 100% - it sucked! I have been a SAHM for over a year now and do it all. But I have to go back to work soon part time. I know I will again have no help with the 3 kids or housework from hubby. He's a good man otherwise so should I just shut my trap and clean or demand help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I would bring it up, but maybe not expect too much. I would also start training the kids to do some chores too. I work full-time and do get some help from my husband and older child, but I'd say I still do 70 - 80% of everything that gets done (hey, it's better than 100%).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Well I am a SAHM right now and I still expect some kind of help from my husband, and would expect even MORE help if I were to go back to work. Work and home life are completely separate in my opinion and just because my hubby works all day doesn't mean he can come home and create even more of a mess for me to clean, our 2 children do that enough already ;) I would just talk with him and tell him before hand that when you start working you are going to need some extra effort out of him to help get things done in the house.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• IMO if you work outside the home as well, then he should pitch in around the house.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Make a list of ALL the things that have to be done and ask him to choose a few that he can take over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree with the anon above me. I work part time outside the home (everyday, but only 5 hours a day) and my dh knows to have the toys cleaned up, dishes off the table etc when I get home. Sometimes it's not done and wow, i'm not in too great of a mood after that!
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 11:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I work FULL time and do 100% of the house work
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I figure my husband does 8 hours a day at a job, I do 8 hours a day here. We share the rest of the time. He is required tohelp out around here. I will not clean up after a grown man.
    PrdMilWife

Answer by PrdMilWife at 12:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i also work fulltime and do 100% of the housework
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I work 32 hrs a week and I do 90% of the housework. We work opposite schedules though. I'm at home with the kids and work evenings coming home at midnight, He works mornings and is home by 4PM. So it works out. My hubby takes out the trash and SOMETIMES he'll load the dishwasher. He' picks up the messes the kids make in the living rm for the most part but that's the extent of it. I just figure that's my choice for being a SAHM during the day and working at night. I get the best of both worlds. =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 12:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I work full time and still do 100% of the housework. It really doesn't bother me though, and of course I have no little children at home anymore or I might feel differently. My hubby does take out the trash and he does the vacumming and mopping - I do everything else. It really doesn't bother me so it's not an issue for us.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2010