help what do i do we dont have much money and i need to diet

i need to know a cheap way to diet and lose weight my weight is causing problems in my marriage and i just need help i dont know how to lose the weight

tiffany13728

Asked by tiffany13728 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost 75 Ibs...I was 213 and now I'm 138. I got on the treadmill...went from walking to jogging, gradually. It took a while to work up to that cause I used to be a lazy piggie...lol
    I cut calories. I did some homework and found out what I needed to eat to sustain my weight. Then I did some weight lifting. The more muscles you have, the more calories you can eat!
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• portion control. don't eat as much and you will lose weight. but also work out. try walking or even just simple aerobics. don't give up and hang in there. remember the first steps are the hardest but you are not alone. good luck hun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Throw away sugar, soft drinks, white veggies/bread. Eat fresh colorful food. Drink lots of water. Start walking and use resistance bands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I've tried several diets and the best advice I've ever gotten is to cut way down on your fat intake, drink plenty of water and get exercise everyday. Stay away from processed foods and make your own. Grilled and baked is the best way to go. Not fried. Fish is a great low fat protein. Use portion control and don't starve yourself. Always eat breakfast. You don't have to spend tons of money to lose weight. You don't need a program to lose weight. Find a friend and do it together so you can keep each other honest and you have an exercise buddy so you do it on the days you don't want to. The best filler to eat whenever you are hungry is homemade vegetable soup. Put tons of fresh veggies in either chicken, beef or vegetable broth you can get at the store. Onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, cabbage, carrots, celery, green beans, garlic, canned or fresh tomatoes, anything you want! You can eat as much and often as you want
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It's cheaper to diet than eat crap. Stop buying junk food, soda, snacks, etc. If you drink only water you are saving tons of money. If you stop snacking and having desserts you save tons of money.

Carrots, celery, and cucumbers are cheap. Apples and citrus fruits are cheap.

Going out to eat is expensive. Fast food adds up- $3 in fast food snacks seems like not a lot of money but that might be $40-80/ month for people on the go.

If it comes in a box, bag, can, or package, don't buy it. Cooking from fresh saves money.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• ecodani took the words right outta my mouth!! =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 11:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• First off, don't think of it as a diet. You need a lifestyle change.
    Secondly, eliminating processed foods, sugars, HFCS and refined flours from your diet will help you to lose weight and save money.
    Fruits and veggies are far less expensive than junk and convenience foods.
    Avoid eating out. It's unhealthy, expensive and always leads to consuming more fat and calories than you would at home.
    If you must have a dessert, make it yourself. One, you will have it less often because of the labor required to make it and it will contain healthier ingredients.
    Anonymous

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Lots of beans! They are SUPER cheap, super healthy and a good replacement for meat which can get expensive. I buy dry beans, cook them and freeze them, so they're just as handy as canned, but healthier (no sodium) and much cheaper. I get 7 15oz bags of black beans for $2.39, while canned is $.99 a piece. Buy frozen veggies when they're on sale and combine them w/ coupons. I usually pay $.30 - $.70 a bag and stock up when they're that cheap. They are just as healthy as fresh. Buy at a farmer's market for fresh veggies. Last week, I paid $20 for 2 butternut squash, 4 zucchini, 1lb of tomatoes, 6 bunches of kale, 4 onions, 5 avocados, and some other stuff. Way cheaper than at the store. Learn which fruits and veggies are in season and stick to what's in season, because that's when things are cheapest.
    Walk or jog...all you need are a pair of sneakers. Look at it as a lifestyle change!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2010