We are planning a trip to Disney World in August. I was wondering if anyone has taken their 2 year old? We have a 7 year old also.

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good luck on that. Taking a small one to Disney is not the best idea. We did it once and won't do it again. They can't ride a lot of the rides. The lines sometimes last over an hour. If they fall asleep you are stuck holding them while the rest of the family rides the rides. It's hot there so they whine about being hot and they get tired easily. I'll never do it again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We are going in a month, I have a 5 and 8 year old I wanted to wait until both are tall enough to go on most rides and are pretty self sufficient as far as walking, pottying etc.. Even at their age I'm worried about them getting hot and tired of waiting and walking, the place is huge.. Going in August with a 2 year old sounds like a nightmare, it will probably be about 100 everyday, Good Luck!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• We took my oldest when she was 2. It was kinda pointless. She can't ride any rides so someone was always left out waiting with her, and she was cranky having to be in the stroller 80% of the time. Now we're waiting til both our kids are tall enough to ride everything before we pay that kind of money again.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• we took our then one year old last may..and it wasn't bad. we couldn't do all the rides but we did the it's a small world ride and dd LOVED it..she sat in the stroller really well..but be prepared, if you bus to anywhere the stroller has to fold up..as far as the trip there, if you're driving, good luck..invest in a portable dvd player and their favorite movies..if you're flying, invest in a portable dvd player and favorite movies..take a toy bag, and bring snacks..we flew american, and they allowed unopened snacks for our dd...call ahead and they'll tell you if it's acceptable or not. good luck!!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• oo, and they have single and double stroller things if you don't want to take a stroller. when we went, there were hardly any lines whatsoever...guessing school was still in..and depending on when you go in august the lines might not be that long either. it does get extremely hot..get alot of sunscreen.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My son loves to be outside no matter what the weather is like. I lived in Ga for 23 years and I have been to orlando so I know how hot it is. Not a problem for us. Was not looking for negative thoughts just for those who have done it. I talked to a lady and she said their is lots of things for a 2 year old to do! My son loves to play so i am sure we will be just fine. Plus my husband will be there so we will be just fine. And we drive home to ga with our son atleast 4 times a yearso the ride will be fine for us. anyway thanks
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2010