Tea Party members are like "The Klan Without Sheets?"

I read this in a comment on a CNN article and I couldn't help:
A: Chuckling b/c it's funny
B: Kind of agreeing.

Is it a coincidence that this movement (comprised of overwhelming white male Americans) sprang up at the same time we got a black president? And that it is full of 'birthers' who doubt Obama is American? (Let's not forget this man is 50% white!). To me the movement also seems to be somewhat of a reaction to the fact that whites are starting to see themselves as a minority. WHat do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you are racist and sexist.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 11:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yup. It's about the same thing, only legalized... so far. I see this having a BIG STOP put to it real soon. They are creating violence, much the same as home terrorism. Can you say Timothy McVey cut outs?? That's what they are. There was one coming to our town, and they said the guy was so full of anger and was so loud, they didn't want him there.... Perfect for all red necks we already have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• So how do you explain black Tea Party members?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• That's one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I agree with MunchMunch, you sound like the racist op.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• So anyone who disagrees with Obama is racist? That may be just about the most ignorant thing I've heard for a while. But keep pushing it, i'm sure it'll catch on with all the bleeding heart liberals.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Oh... BTW I forgot to add... we recently had a teaparty event here, I was not at the event but read about it in the paper and saw pictures, it was headed up by black men, not white. But I am sure that somewhere deep down they must want to be white and hate themselves or they wouldn't have been there.... right?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Nice ..keep ba ba baing along with the left leaning msm.Whats the trouble do we scare you because it is a huge movement? LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Can you say Timothy McVey cut outs?? ~ anon :49

Is that you, Janet Napolitano?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Plenty of Hispanic women at the last Tea Party I attended, and a few Native Americans. White males, not so much.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I agree with MunchMunch, you sound like the racist op.

You have no better comment to make, so you call the OP a racist? Why? Because she read something that sounded at least partly correct and snickered over it?

I personally know of TWO rednecks who became Tea Party members, and I'd bet my car on the fact that they did so for the reasons listed in the OP.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2010