Are husband's that travel a lot for work more likely to cheat?

Would that same hubby, if he never traveled or traveled only a couple times a year, still cheat on his wife. Answer this with the idea that the marriage is extremely good or "perfect".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sure there are more oppertunities, and yes, temptation is a part of any marriage, but as far as the likelyhood of cheating, it is only possible if it crosses his mind as a something he would be willing to engage in. The possibilities are in the heart, not the location of the person.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Anyone that is prone to cheating will cheat whether or not they are traveling. Traveling just gives a better opportunity.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Is there a reason that you ask? My Hubby's gone 4-6 weeks at a time with his job and I don't have a worry in the world about him cheating. I keep him very satisfied at home and while he's gone ; ) I also have trust in him and our marriage...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• OP here - I am reading a very active post in the CafeMom Newcomers Club forum about this topic. It's utterly heart breaking. Her "perfect" husband has admitted to cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I would say that the travel has little to do with the cheating. It is the person himself (or herself) that would do it regardless. The traveling just makes it easier to cover it up.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• The travel has nothing to do with him cheating. It *may* make it easier, but it's not going to make a man who wouldn't otherwise cheat, cheat. Mine is a truck driver, and usually gone 2-3 weeks at a time. I never worry about him cheating. I know he loves me and is faithful to me, whether he's here at home with me or out on the road. At the same time, the question could just as easily be "is a wife whose husband travels a lot more likely to cheat?" If he has the ability to cheat while he's gone, so does she. Cheating has nothing to do with location, and everything to do with character and respect for your partner.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• There's 2 kinds of men. Men that will cheat and men that won't. Men that won't cheat can travel all year long and will be faithful to their wife. Men that cheat don't have to venture far from home to do it.

Just because a husband travels for work a lot doesn't mean he's more likely to cheat. It's about the man himself not the occupation.
    Anonymous

• My marriage was amazing. We almost never fought. My husband traveled 3 times a year. He cheated 6 times. Everyone in his family and mine were shocked. I made him see a therapist and she said it's the traveling. Get's 'em every time. They can go out to a bar or wherever and be whoever they want for a night. They can pretend they don't have that mortgage, wife, 2 kids whatever at home and they get that ego boost that all men love. They like that feeling of still being attractive to strange females after being married for so long. So shallow and sad. =(
    Anonymous

• No marriage is perfect not even in Disney movies. But ultimately your the only one who can truly answer that question. I don't think it increases the chances that he will, but  I do think it does increase the opportunity. Just have to do your part and keep each satisfied.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2010