What are you opinions on the name Daveney for a little girl (Dav-ah-ny).

Please inlcude yor child(s) name with your answer. Thanks

0Aubreys0Mommy0

Asked by 0Aubreys0Mommy0 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if ya have to explain to ppl how to pronounce it, then ya need to pick a new name!
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I think at first glance, a lot of people would call her Davey- They simply are either A) Illiterate B) Don't pay attention
    It's not on the top of my "like" list... What does it mean, BTW? There is a lot more to a name than how it sounds- Non of my children were names for how popular, different, etc. the name was, but for what it meant.

Nikita ~ Unconquerable

Damon ~ Loyal

Troy ~ Soldier
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• :x
    ooooo...I'm sorry but I don't like it. I'm sorry, I hope thats not mean. :(
    Anonymous

• Um It's not a name I would choose. My daughters name is Mackenna
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It sounds nice, but I don't think people will read it the way you intend it to be pronounced. I would have thought it was DAVE-NEE or DAY-VUH-NEE. I think she will always have to correct people. If you think that will bother you or your daughter someday, then I would look for another name. Maybe Daphne?

Anonymous

• anon..YOUR WRONG..anywyas its very unique i like it never heard of it b4... but my daughter's name is courtnei (chosen by her dad)
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• looks like Dave-ah-knee. I guess after a while though, with enough corrections, teachers and such will learn how to pronounce it they way you want it pronounced with some consistency. I think you’ll have to teach everyone how to pronounce it though. It won’t naturally roll off people’s tongues.

Mine are Emily, Stella, Augustus ("AJ" for short)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Dav-uh-nee
    Anonymous

• I personally don't like it but who cares.. It's YOUR baby, and you like it right? To hell with what everyone else thinks..

My daughter's name is Skieler (SKY-LERR).. Everyone complains that it's a boy name.. Doesn't matter to me, I still like it and so does she..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 12:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• It does look like Dave-ah-knee at quick glances, that's what I thought it was
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010