WTF is wrong with people?

Someone in just for fun asked if you could apply for a home loan while on welfare! Even if you could, why would you want to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, if you can't afford to buy food on your own how the hell can you afford to buy a house??? Ya can't fix stupid!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Maybe they are trying to better themselves.Ever think of that?
    Anonymous

• If they're trying to better themselves they need to get off the welfare first!! lol. That question is crazy.. wow... But so is trying to conceive while on welfare. Sheesh people..
    Anonymous

• Anon, :19: Maybe they should better them self by finding a job that will pay all their bills first. Owning a home isn't "bettering yourself" unless you can actually afford to pay the mortgage AND for all your food and other needs. People taking on debt they can't afford is what got us into this position in the first place, remember?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think you can apply for a habitat house.... but I'm not sure about that.

I do agree that trying to buy a house on welfare sounds crazy, but if a mortgage payment is cheaper than rent, I can understand wanting to go that way.
    Anonymous

• If they were trying to better themselves that's fine, but trying to buy a home isn't where you start. They will need more income, hence why they are on welfare to begin with.. A better paying job, preferably both work, pay off bills, start a savings, etc... Bettering yourself is great, but you need to be logical about it.. Oh and btw, just because you're on welfare doesn't make you any less than anyone else, it's where you go from there that matters...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• "People taking on debt they can't afford is what got us into this position in the first place, remember?"

That is true and I totally agree, but, like anon 23 said, sometimes a house payment is cheaper than a rent payment.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

Bettering themselves by taking on a mortgage payment that they can't afford on their own? I mean, even if were a lower payment than rent, they STILL can't afford it as well as the rest of the bills and food. Ridiculous.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Whats wrong with you? Does it ever occur to you some people dont know and are asking a question??? A nice response is a mature thing to do! Even I don't know the answer to that, never been on welfare!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Just because your on welfare doesnt make your JOBLESS ;) YOU can get a loan.YOU can buy a car.Its easier to get on welfare if your making big payments on things :)
    Anonymous