Is it hard to have 3 kids while in the Army?

Finacially? Can you still get all your bills paid on time and still have money left to get the stuff your kids need? Thanks.. DH is Army and im terrified!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on rank. We were air force and my hub was lower ranking enlisted and yea it was tough. Even living on base, there wasn't extra money.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Me lived off base and did fine. Our BAH was high though... They pay you according to your rank and dependents and stuff so you should be fine as long as you aren't pimpin Cadillacs. =) Grocery shop on base... that helps.. and they offer a financial class too. Good luck! We made it work. =)
    Anonymous

• Oh yea, you can make it work, but takes planning and forethought. :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• OP - i have 2 kids and am prego with #3 and am a little scared.. No we dont get the *fancy stuff but we do live comfortable and if i ever look in the cupards and see that im out of cleaning supplys or something then i can alwasy say "Oh im going to get some more" i know i can cause we always have a few dollars for stuff like that... im just worried that i wont have the 'few extra' any more!
    Anonymous

• A baby doesn't need much, particularly if you are bf. By the time he needs more, your dh may have moved up in rank.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• people do just fine.BAH is 1559 and we have 3 bed rooms if we lives off post me would struggle bad.I didnt breastfeed and we did just fine lol.We have gotten WIC maybe 2 times since I my 2nd was born..I hate going to the meetings.So we just bought formula and diapers in bulk @ diapers.com.Some people have 5 children and do great.Some people have 1 child and are having a hard time..it just depends on you.Also the great thing is a steady paycheck so you can PLAN things lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• When we were in the military with 3 kids we qualified for food stamps. Hubby was a staff in the AF. When he was a m/sgt we still got free or reduced price lunches.
    Anonymous