children and SEX(uality) is not funny... or is it?

I was seriously disturbed when a contact in my Facebook posted this as a "funny" video. It is pretty self explanatory but I was floored that so many thought it was funny or even OK.

No wonder we have so many problems in the world with children being sexually exploited.

Here is the link
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=113708841986246&ref=mf

what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is nothing sexual about it, except for the fact that the pole is to be used for erotic dancing, but this is a toddler!!! having fun!!! I guess it depends on the mind of the viewer, and in my mind there is nothing sexually related in this video, just a little girl dancing holding on to a pole, and having fun. It is to me a cute video, one parents will share when she gets older.

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I couldn't watch ur video, it wouldn't play on this computer. :p This one disgusts me though-

http://www.eurthisnthat.com/2009/08/04/kindergarten-pole-dancers/

Hopefully it's not the same video.. lol.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 12:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• op here: no it's not the same link... ....
    Anonymous

• op again: i guess it would be "funny" if she was just dancing on the pole... although i guess i still find it YUCK... but this little girl is actually POLE (like a stripper) dancing ..... even parts of humping the ground/ pole and splits humping ... ew!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry op, but I evven went back and watched it again, but if you see something sexual here, it is coming from your mind, not that little girl. She has no idea what sexual connotations are much less sexual erotic dancing!!!!It is a cute video of a little girl pretending to dance, and having fun , nothing more than that. Maybe if you take your mind off the gutter you might be able to see the video for what it is.

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• What you are describing, for both of the video links here, I can't even bring myself to attempt to watch. I went to the first link and read the comments, but I didn't play the movie. I went to the link posted by the anon above and read the article, but didn't play the movie. I don't think it's right for children to be exposed to these sorts of adult practices. Maybe that makes me a prude, but I'd rather be prude than sorry. Personally, anything that can be fodder for some sicko shouldn't be on the internet at all and if the child in the FB photo were mine, I'd never have put it out on the internet for all to see.

I once posted a photo of my son and nephew in the bath together in FB, then realized that some sicko could look at it and deleted it immediately. I still feel like an idiot that it was even on there for just a second.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• older, do you have girls? do you think it's "ok" to learn how to pole dance at the little girls age? whether pretend or not?
    Anonymous

• the little girl may not (or may, whatever) know about "sexuality" however, the PARENTS do... i think it's disturbing to see children (even if innocently) involved in ANYTHING sexual.. period.
    Anonymous

• anon, I have two girls, the little girl in the video was dancing hanging on to a pole, I do not think anyone took the time to actually teach this toddler to do this, she was just dancing like she would normally and used the pole in front of her. I would have thought it was a cute thing to video, not necessarily post it for everyone to see, but the sexual connotations given to this video is done by the viewer not the little girl. Do I think it is ok, yes, I see nothing wrong with it, but I can see how a pervert would get a kick out of watching it, for this reason alone I would keep it in my family archive and not made it public. Other than what I mentioned, I see nothing wrong with the video.

Answer by older at 2:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• People use poles to work out..NOT in public..Maybe thats why the toddler knows how to use the poll...
    Anonymous