Black Duggars

Be honest. Do you think the Duggars would have received their own show or would be so popular if they were black, even if their financial circumstances were the same? I definitely do not think so. I think many people would have a very different/negative view of the Duggars if they were a black family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No way in hell.
    Anonymous

• there was an african american family with 7 that got their own show...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I don't watch the current version and doubt I would watch any other version either. I don't care what color their skin is.
    Anonymous

• Oh good grief! Please don't start another racial issue. That may not have been your intent, but still, really?
    landontsmama08

Answer by landontsmama08 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i saw a show once that that had the woman married and had like 6 kids from her 1st husband and was married a 2nd time and still having babies and they were mixed races.. they said people thought they were adopted an stuff but they werent!... I think the sitiation in itself is unqice never mind there race!
    Anonymous

• I don't care what color you are. If you want to have 20 kids... fine by me, but just don't be mooching off the state. That's the only thing that bothers me about this many kids.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 1:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Why wouldnt they do the duggers get special treatment because there mormon, white, what I thought it was because she popped out 19 kids and doesnt seem to be stopping anytime soon! Ignorant!
    Anonymous

• The Duggars are not Mormon. They are members of a very conservative Sect of the Baptist Faith. And are followers of the Quiverful movement. I think that TLC/Discovery would air any family that they thought would get them viewers and advertising dollars. And no, I'm not a big fan of the show or family because I don't agree with the way they run their household....to each his own though.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Yes, they probably would still have a show, regardless of color. Not many families are that large, which is the focus of the show, not their whiteness. Also, they are indeed not Mormon. Obviously Anon:28 knows nothing about them other than how many children they have.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2010