could you spoil a child that has been breastfeed since birth to 19 months with the breast?

My baby father says I have spoiled my youngest child with the breast

Nikki_Mommy_22

Asked by Nikki_Mommy_22 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's like saying you are spoiling your baby by loving them too much. It just isn't possible. Spoiling means giving in to every whim and desire even when it is not in your child's best interest. First of all, nourishment in a necessity, not a whim or desire, and it is definitely in your child's best interest to be nursed, not to mention it is in his best interest to be securely bonded with and nurtured by his mother. So I think you are in the right here, no question about it. Or, rather, your baby's father is in the wrong. I think some men have a hard time fully grasping the concepts of breastfeeding. You'll know when it is time to stop.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Spoiling your child with a healthy food source. Hmmm. I just don't know.
    Anonymous

• spoiled how?
    My DS was breastfed for 18 mos
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Spoil? By feeding your child? Hubby is a dork lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No! I don't believe that is possible. Your baby's dad is just uneducated about natural parenting.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• If that is true my son is one of the most spoiled children around-he nursed until 3 years old. There is no way to spoil them by doing what is best for them.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• No. CATEGORICALLY NO.

Spoiling is givign your child every toy, cookie and candy he asks for. Breastfeeding is never never never never never spoiling.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• NO! Absolutely not spoiling them! If you had been giving him candy or cookies everyday yes, but breastfeeding??? nope!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• You spoil a child by giving her/him anything she wants; not giving him/her household responsibilities; etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• no.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2010