On the subject of abortion and in a father's point of view.

If I hear a conversation about abortion, usually women and babies come to mind, for, ya know, obvious reasons, but what do you think most guys/the father feels about abortion? Im wondering if men are more pro choice then women since they dont carry the baby. Anyone know any statisitcs or have any stories?

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 1:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The attitude that women take that it's thier body and thier baby frustrates me to all hell! Hello.....part of that man is inside of you too! they have a say what you do with THIER BABY!
    Anonymous

• Well my boyfriend ran away from me when I told him I was pg. I wanted desperately to keep the baby. I even cancelled my first appt at the clinic. My boyfriend at the time wanted nothing to do with the baby, AT ALL. He begged me to get the abortion. He told me one day that the baby didn't even exist to him.
    He left me alone and scared.
    I had the abortion.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• yea and what about the men who run away and want nothing to do with the baby anon? And what about when she does have the baby, and he decides to walk away b/c it's too much for him? Its ALL on the woman. So yea, she has a right to HER BODY and her life.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• i think most men are prolife.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• and what about the men who want to raise their child but the mother wants to murder it because she doesn't want it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• IT's an interesting question. I would assume that men are just like women - split on the issue depending on a variety of factors.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• "and what about the men who want to raise their child but the mother wants to murder it because she doesn't want it "

Let me point out that abortions are not ALL about the woman not wanting it. As I stated above, I very much wanted to have my baby. I was in a very, very difficult situation. There is so much more that goes into making this decision than people WANT to realize.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I had an abortion two years ago and the protesters outside the planned parenthood were all old men. My husband was also upset that I did it but I honestly dont care. He still loves me and I love him I just didn't think we were financially ready at the moment.
    Anonymous

• I'm the anon from above. I never meant to target those women who have a difficult choice to MAKE ON THIER OWN WHEN THE FATHER DOESN'T WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CHILD. But rather, the men who do want thier babies and the women don't want to deal with the baby, or don't want anything tying them to the father (the baby) or just for selfish reasons, like they'll get fat ect.
    But I don't think a lot of women that have abortions realize there are TONS of people out there who are ready and willing to take a baby that is not wanted!!!!! ADOPTION is always a choice!!!! If you can't take care of the baby or pay for the birth, find someone that is willing to take that on! There are TONS of people out there that will pay for ALL medical costs and take the baby as soon as it's born. That way the baby keep it's life, get a good home and a family out there can make thier dreams come true by having a baby!
    Anonymous

• As for the men wanting the abortion...then they can sign all and any rights over to that child. They don't have to take responsibility for that baby, and it can be given up at birth.
    Anonymous