could this be because of the elevation change?

My daughter was born in CO, we are over 6000 from sea level, we are currently 12 below sea level.

she is now spitting up like crazy, and very sore, and VERY VERY gasy, then today she started throwing up, but she has no fever, called the dr they said do not worry unless she has a fever but did not tell me what is causing it.

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 1:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not a dr or nurse, but if you changed elevations too fast it seems possible to me to be the cuase. When I was 10 years old we went to Estes Park in CO. We came back down from the mountains too fast and I got altitude sickness. I remember it feeling like carsick on steroids. I vomited and got a nose bleed.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• If you are originally from a low elevation and go to a higher elevation it could have something to do with it but its usually when you go from low to high NOT high to low....were you there visiting while you were preggo and went into labor etc....if she doesnt get better soon I would call again Good Luck mama

p.s. ive heard if your preggo and you change to a higher elevation when your froma lower one it can cause contractions because your body isnt used to it so it could def. have something to do with it
    Anonymous

• yes, we moved there when i was preggo i had contractions from 28 weeks till her due date
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 5:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2010