broken wraught iron lamp, what can I turn it into?

I have a torchier (sp?) lamp, and the glass bowl broke on the top, and the lamp itslef doesn't work, but I can't bring myself to throw away the lamp post it'self because it's really pretty! It's got scroll type legs and the same type of things coming out on the top of the pole, underneath where the bowl would be.. What can I do with it now? i thought about coat stand..? what else would it be good for?

sandypops

Asked by sandypops at 2:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Your lamp sounds very pretty and I doubt I could throw it away either. The same thing happened to me about 5 months ago....pft kids...lol. Mine did have a glass shade also. I bought a regulare white square shade and glued black velvet ribbon on the bottom and top for a custom look. The bad thing is, the lamp shade is wobbly but it looks great. I also repaired it with a brown replacement cord from Walmart. Very easy. The kit comes with the cord with plug and the piece that you screw the lightbulb into. The pieces will come separated, maybe. Run the new cord through lamp. The cord has exposed wires. Wrap the exposed wires around the screws that are in the lightbulb piece. Easy.

I like your doat rack idea. I would probably throw it outside and grow a Carolina Jasmine plant around it. Or wild honeysuckle.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Why not go to the hardware store and buy a new shade & new innards for the lamp and fix it? Wiring a lamp really isn't all that hard, but if you don't feel confident to take on the project, maybe somebody you know would fix it for you?
    Anonymous