Honestly how many of us are really prepared?

no honestly how many of us have our life in order to the point that we know that our children are safe and taken care of? I am getting ready to update my will and I was wondering what the going rate was for wills where you are at?

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 2:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• you can do a hand written will. make sure you and your spouse and other people can sign it too as witnesses to the will. In some states that's a legally binding document when you have 2 witness signatures. That's what I plan to do.

And, no, I don't feel like our life is so in order that everything would be taken care of. We just started out in life/marriage though....so within the next couple years we will.
    Anonymous

• You can go to www.legalzoom.com and they will prepare your will for you starting at $69. They ask a bunch of standard questions, prepare the will with the info that you provide and then you take it and get it notarized.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Having actually worked for a law firm that specialized in Estate Planning, I can tell you that the online wills at www.uslegalforms.com are almost identical to the ones we had at an attorney's office. They are state specific, they cover your bases, and once signed, witnessed and notarized, they are every bit as legal as a fancy expensive one. The best part? It's $30 for a living will, durable power of attorney, and will. You just have to follow the instructions, put your information in yourself, and that's that. Seriously, at an estate planning attorney's office, the attorney will give his secretary some very basic info and all she has to do is fill in the blanks. Of course, having said that, if you're wanting to get a trust (if you have assets) then I highly suggest going to an estate planning attorney - that is too detailed of a document to do yourself, even with a form.
    ReesesPieces

Answer by ReesesPieces at 9:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2010