trailer park question

I live in a trailer park with my mom and brother every other month they are adding new rules and they are sooo crazy they just sent another letter saying you can only have 2 cars per house now and not allowed any more then two cars at your house at a time (so i guess you cant have company) and they said there is No toys at ALL alowed in your yard no bikes, no grills, and the list goes on they said they are not allowed in your yard or on your porch i am going crazy what do i do with my car??? can they really make up new stuff every month??? we pay 215 lot rent just for the lot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sadly, they can just make up their rules. I lived in trailer park when I was in high school, and they were always making up their rules. A neighbor went to a town hall meeting, and there was nothing that the town could do for her. The city pretty much told her that the owner literally OWN the neighborhood, so they can set rules and regulations for their community, just as a landlord would do with an apartment complex.
    Anonymous

• My dad is dealing with stuff like that! It's ridiculous! Do you guys have parking lots for extra cars in the area? My dad started parking extra cars there (he has 2 in storage and a boat!). They told him he had to rebuild his deck however and I thought that was dumb!!! He pays $400 for lot rent and bought the mobile home outright but there are still the "homeowners taxes". The management as also said dogs have to be tied up and yards looking nice, my dad has to tear down both sheds because I guess they look old, there were there before he moved in. My dad is looking into buying a house as are a lot of people in the are who have been there for 10+ years because of this type of stuff. I think they are trying to get people out so they can sell the land though. Doesn't seem right to me!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• A few years back I moved into an apt. complex with 3 little girls...my new neighbor above me had a little boy. between us we had 5 bikes and one wagon. my manager had throw out my kids red radio flyer wagon..he said it was on the grass and he had the right. me and my neighbor were both mad as hell and chained our bikes to the lamp posts and he said we couldn't, we said we were not keeping bikes in our apt....we asked him where in the lease it said we can't have bikes and wagons outside. He couldn't find it so we said we have stuff and they will play with their stuff!
    Another apt. building i lived in had no yard just a sidewalk...my kids would use sidewalk chalk on the sidewalk for something to do Ya'know> well management said people were complaining about the art work and expected me to stop my kids from drawing on the sidewalk...I told her to tell my neighbors to get a life, they are kids with no yard!
    Anonymous

• The extra car thing is a fire safety issue and not a control issue...
    Anonymous

• they are just trying to keep it from getting junky looking. they should just site the people who make it bad. rather than punish everyone.. so i guess you should move out of the TP if you dont like it really right?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I have never lived in one o those places, but just from driving by them I would say they are doing a great job with those rules. I have seen multiple cars, toys, grills, junk all over. If I were you I would be happy about it..
    Anonymous

• wow that sucks i live in a trailer park too but its really laid back heck i havnt paid my last months rent yet let alone this ones and they are just like its okay whenever you can get it. lol i pay like 350 for lot rent and 105 for the trailer
    Anonymous