Why is my son making a clicking noise?

My son is 2 1/2 and talks quite a bit. The past few days he has been making this clicking noise with his tongue while he is talking. For instance he wanted a fruit bar today and he said "I *click* want a *click* bar" I asked him to repeat himself and he said it the exact same way including the clicks. He doesn't see to know he is doing it and it concerning me. I just don't know what to do or who to ask about it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Nirac82

Asked by Nirac82 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like he has just figured out how to do something cool to him and hes doing it alot. As long as he is still talking dont worry about it. Hes probably more concerned with annoying you than creating a new language lol!
    Anonymous

• dunno...Tourettes maybe? Or he's just screwing around
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• I think it's experimenation... dd did that a couple days however she quit doing it when she talked. Now she just walks in cirlces and makes funny noises like she's still learning how to do all these things. My dd is almost 2.5 also...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• maybe he is watching too muchspongebob...lol there is an episode where they have to stick their tongue out and blow spit like to every other word maybe he just created his own thing I wouldn't worry too much it's just a phase. GL He is still growing u no & learning.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My son has been periodically making a clicking noise since he was about 12 months. He doesn't do it all the time, but he did it cuz he knew he could. Weird, but nothing to be concerned with.
    Anonymous